Thank you for your interest and participation in the 2018 Municipal Election! Information items are listed below. Please click on the item to expand the section and read more information.
Voters Information Guide: Voters Guide
If you are an Ontario resident over the age of 18 you can visit voterlookup.ca to confirm or update your information in a few easy steps. You can also change your school support for electoral purposes and add names to your property address.
Updating this information will help to ensure that municipal Voters’ Lists are accurate and up-to-date in preparation for municipal and school board elections occurring this October. Find out ahead of time if you are eligible to vote. Visit voterlookup.ca or call 1-866-296-6722. Have your say. Log on today.
Voter lookup Information video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3d8-nJDEvk
Clearview Township has selected to use paper ballots, internet and telephone voting methods for the 2018 municipal election. Electors will receive a notice in the mail providing instructions and a secure PIN number to use to vote by either the internet or telephone. Electors are encouraged to vote using either the internet or telephone up to ten days in advance of election day on October 22, 2018.
Content will be added after the nomination period closes.
Click the following button to find your ward and related ward candidate information.
Interactive Ward Map
On Voting Day a person is qualified to be an Elector if he or she:
- Is a Canadian Citizen;
- Is at least 18 years of age;
- Resides in the Clearview Township or is an owner or tenant of land in the Clearview Township, or the spouse of an owner or tenant in Clearview Township; and
- Is not prohibited from voting because he or she:
- Is serving a sentence of imprisonment
- Is a corporation
- Is acting as an executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity
- Was convicted of a corrupt practice described in Section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act
For additional information or for assistance regarding the election, please contact:
Director, Legislative Services/Clerk
705-428-6230 ext. 224