- Municipal Election
- By-Law Index
Lavender was settled in 1834 by the Mason, Tupper and Coyle families. The Lavender cemetery was opened in 1880. It was associated with one of the churches in Lavender, although the church was never on the same property as the cemetery. The church eventually closed and the property was sold for a private residence. An acre of land was donated by an adjacent land owner to increase the size of the cemetery. The transfer was completed in 2008.
Let’s Celebrate Nottawasaga’s Sesquicentennial and Ontario’s Bicentennial. Accession Number 985-89/B1 R2A S1 Sh2